- To earn potentially higher return from appreciation in gold price.
- Convenience of investing in gold as trading is carried out through a passbook/ online.
- Small difference between selling and buying prices.
- Affordable initial purchase and subsequent investment.
- Invest in gold without having to keep the gold physically.
- Gold is the best possible hedge against inflation.
- Alternative investment avenue to build up personal gold portfolio which is cheaper compared to invest in gold jewellery as the latter will incur additional cost on workmanship.
What is a Gold Investment Account?
- Gold Investment Account is an account which allows individual customers to purchase the purest available gold commodity in 99.9% fineness at daily prices for 1 gram in Ringgit Malaysia (RM).
- A passbook will be provided to the account holders and every purchase/sale order will be recorded in the passbook.
- Individuals (resident or non-resident) aged 18 years and above.
- Personal or joint
Minimum Initial Purchase
Minimum Balance in the Account
Minimum Subsequent Purchase/ Sale
- 5 grams and must be in multiple of 1 gram
- Gold purchase will be based on the Bank’s prevailing gold SELLING price quoted in RM per gram.
- No physical gold deposit is allowed.
- The mode of payment accepted for purchase of gold are :
– debiting of account
– house cheque
Gold Sale/ Withdrawal
- Gold sale will be based on the Bank’s prevailing gold BUYING price quoted in RM per gram.
- Withdrawal options available are :
– Crediting of account
– Collection of physical gold withdrawal at selected branches
Account Opening Requirement
Customer is required to maintain either a savings account or current account prior to opening a GIA to facilitate the debiting of service fee, if any.
An annual fee of RM10 will be levied on the designated deposit account on the first day of the calendar year if the account balance is below 10gms as at year end.
Online Gold Trading via PBeBank.com
- Available from 9.30 a.m. to 4.45 p.m., Monday to Friday when the Bank is opened for business in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
- Gold purchases and sales are offered at a discounted price.
- Registration of GIA for PBeBank.com online banking service is required.
Minimum :5 grams per transaction
Maximum : RM50,000 equivalent per GIA account per day for both gold purchases and sales.
Don’t miss out on this golden investment!
Terms and conditions apply.
For more information, please visit your nearest Public Bank branch or call free phone at 1-800-22-9999 during normal working hours.
THE RETURNS ON GOLD INVESTMENT ACCOUNT ARE SUBJECT TO THE GOLD PRICE FLUCTUATIONS. THE CUSTOMER IS REMINDED THAT THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INSURED BY PERBADANAN INSURANS DEPOSIT MALAYSIA.
Incoming search terms:
- public bank gold (317)
- public bank gold price (184)
- public bank gold account (163)
- public bank gold investment (139)
- pbebank internet banking (131)
- public bank malaysia gold investment (80)
- public bank gold investment account (77)
- pbebank gold investment (43)
- public bank (43)
- public bank gold price today (40)